Schuylkill Center Members, Neighbors, Staff, and Friends
In the gallery
January – March 2016
The Schuylkill Center’s Environmental Art program proudly presented Community, a gallery show celebrating the art work of Schuylkill Center members. Community was a non-juried, salon-style exhibition, open to Schuylkill Center members, neighbors, staff, and volunteers. Featuring artists of any medium, style, theme, or concept, this show created a portrait of our community, of a vibrant, diverse, and multifaceted community of makers. Community revealed how people see nature in Philadelphia and inspired everyone to connect with nature in their own way.
An opening reception took place on January 26, 2017, and the exhibition was on view in our gallery until March 25, 2017.
Submissions for Community are closed as of December 15th. The guidelines below are for reference for participating artists.
- Active Schuylkill Center membership is not required, but encouraged for each artist. Not a Schuylkill Center Member yet? Join here.
- Artist must submit a completed registration form by December 15, 2016. Download the form here.
- 1-3 original artworks per artist. The Schuylkill Center will show at least one art work per submitting member, depending on space availability. The Schuylkill Center reserves the right to display art works in other areas of the Schuylkill Center, due to space constraints.
- Works related to nature and the environment are of special interest, but not required – even more strongly encouraged is art work that depicts or is related to the Schuylkill Center itself.
- We can accept two- or three-dimensional wall-mounted media in small to medium scale, including: sculpture, paintings, works on paper, fiber arts, mixed media, photography, paper arts, and digital/electronic media. Please contact Liz Jelsomine, Environmental Art & PR Intern, if you are unsure if your work is suitable for the space.
- 2D artwork in any media must be ready to install, maximum size 20” x 20” and maximum weight 20 pounds. Work must be ready to hang with a wire or sawtooth hangers.
- 3D artwork maximum size 20”(l) x 20”(w) x 35”(h) and maximum 40 pounds. Please note that the Schuylkill Center has a limited number of pedestals – if you have your own display infrastructure, please let us know.
- Digital media: The Schuylkill Center has limited audio/visual display capabilities, but we are able to discuss the possibilities with submitting artists.
- Community registration form (PDF)
- Digital images of 1-3 works that would be available to be shown at the Schuylkill Center in January – March 2017
- Optional: Suggested donation of $5 to cover administrative costs of this exhibition. Visit https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/1417409?code=Website+Homepage. Please enter the amount in Other, and enter “2017 Community Exhibition” in the box that says “If you have a special purpose for your donation, please let us know.”
Email your submission by December 15, 2016 to:
Liz Jelsomine, Environmental Art & PR Intern
- Artwork must be labeled on the back with artist’s name, phone number, and email
- All artwork must be hand delivered to the Schuylkill Center on January 6, 10, or 12, 9am – 5 pm
- Artists must pick up unsold artwork on March 28, 30, or April 3, 9am – 5 pm. Artwork not picked up on these dates becomes the property of the Schuylkill Center
- The Schuylkill Center retains 50% of the artwork sale price. All artwork must be for sale unless otherwise agreed upon with the Schuylkill Center. Payment for sold works will be mailed to the artists within 30 days after the close of the exhibition.
- The Schuylkill Center reserves the right to refuse any artwork for any reason.
- Artwork cannot be removed prior to the exhibition closing date.
- Artworks may be reproduced in publications and communications for publicity purposes related to the exhibition and general promotion. Artwork is subject to photography by gallery visitors.
Have a question about your membership?
Contact Patty Boyle at email@example.com
Have a question about the exhibition or call for artists?
Contact Christina Catanese at firstname.lastname@example.org