What To Do If I...

What do I do if I have found a...

Emergency Situations

An animal needs professional help as soon as possible if...

  • It is bleeding
  • It has been caught, played with, or attacked by a cat or dog
  • It is staggering, collapsed, unconscious or convulsing
  • It is caught or entangled in debris, e.g. string, net, jar, etc.
  • It is stuck in a glue trap, or stuck or covered in oil, tar, etc.
  • Its eyes are crusty and/or appears unable to see
  • It has a broken limb
  • It is a baby whose parents are known to be dead

Please call your nearest Wildlife Rehabilitator for assistance in an emergency. If you are in the Philadelphia Region, call the Schuylkill Center Wildlife Clinic (215-482-7300 x option 2) as soon as possible.

Please note: It is illegal for the general public to try to rehabilitate or keep wild animals. Each animal has very specific and often complicated requirements that are best met by a licensed wildlife rehabilitator.

Other Local Wildlife Rehabilitation Services

Mercer County Wildlife Center

  • Lambertville, NJ
  • Accepts all species
  • 609.303.0552
  • *It is unlawful to transport mammal species across state lines

The Aark

Tri-State Bird Rescue and Research

  • Newark, Delaware
  • Accepts all native bird species
  • 302.737.9543

Pocono Wildlife Rehabilitation Center

Red Creek Wildlife Center

The Pennsylvania Game Commission

Return to Top of Page